The Ethics Of Using Animals in Research - Annotated Bibliography
Author(s): Stephanie J. Bird, Ph.D.
- "Opinion Interview: But is it Art?"
- New Scientist, January 6, 2001. The ethical concerns of the use of Alba, a transgenic rabbit that glows green in the dark, as an art object.
- Orlans, B. F., Beauchamp, T. L., Dresser, R., Morton, D. B., and Gluck, J. P.
- The Human Use of Animals: Case Studies in Ethical Choice. (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1998).
- Saha, S. and Saha P.S.
- "Ethical Issues of Animal and Human Experimentation in the Development of Medical Devices." The Biomedical Engineering Handbook, ed., J. D. Bronzino, 2nd edition. (Boca Raton: CRC Press, 1999). A general review of concerns for the use of animals and humans in biomedical device applications. See especially pages 191-198.
- Silverman, J., Suckow, M.A., Murthy, S.
- The IACUC Handbook. (Boca Raton: CRC Press, 2000). This handbook focuses on basic and advanced concerns of Institutional Animal Care and Use Committees (IACUC) and addresses questions and problems with IACUC committees.
- Tannenbaum, J. and Rowan, Andrew N.
- "Rethinking the Morality of Animal Research." Hastings Center Report. 1-5(5): 3243.
- Anne M. Duli and Diana Plesec
- "Introduction to the Protocol Review Process", Case Western Reserve University (Case). A presentation of the Protocol Review Process of the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee to help investigators fill out the necessary paperwork to properly procure and house animals at Case.
From Research Ethics Module Supporting Pages
Cite this page:
"The Ethics Of Using Animals in Research - Annotated Bibliography"
Online Ethics Center for Engineering
National Academy of Engineering
Accessed: Saturday, February 28, 2015